New Build / Your Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot go over £700 (I have my graphics card but I need to buy one for my dad, I am looking at the 7600GT, which is part of the budget).

I agree with that PSU. :)

I have fallen in love with the Tuniq. :)

But could I please ask why change the motherboard? - What do you think is wrong with it?

I have always liked the DS3L because of the ample room between the GPU and PCI slots... there is a P35 DS3L I could get...

Mikey.

I cannot go over £700 (I have my graphics card but I need to buy one for my dad, I am looking at the 7600GT, which is part of the budget).

I agree with that PSU. :)

I have fallen in love with the Tuniq. :)

But could I please ask why change the motherboard? - What do you think is wrong with it?

I have always liked the DS3L because of the ample room between the GPU and PCI slots... there is a P35 DS3L I could get...

Mikey.

I wouldnt go for the Corsair because it has got less power than the PC Power and Cooling, it is a multi rail design and also it dosent look particularly brilliant. It is also cheaper

The tuniq is really ugly and poorly designed - i have heard about parts of it easily breaking and the fan is loud, so i would go for a ThermalRite Ultra 12o eXtreme with one of those new Noctua fans.

I would also get 2GB Crucial Ballistix and XP 32bit.

As for the motherboard i would go for this: MSI P35 Neo2-FR Intel P35 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

Case - Antec P182 Super Midi Tower Case - No PSU (Gun Metal Black)
Motherboard - MSI P35 Neo2-FR Intel P35 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
Processor - Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 "Energy Efficient SLACR 95W Edition" 2.40GHz (1066FSB) - Retail
Thermal Paste - Akasa AK-455 Thermal Compound
Heatsink - Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme CPU Cooler (Socket AM2/LGA775) w/ Noctua NF-S12 1200RPM 120mm Silent Case Fan - 3 Pin
Memory - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 PC2-6400C4 800MHz Dual Channel Kit (BL2KIT12864AA804)
Card - Already got ur GTX
Hard Drive - Samsung SpinPoint T 400GB SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM (HD403LJ)
DVD-ROM - Samsung SH-S203NBEBN 20x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer Lightscribe ReWriter (Black) - OEM
Power Supply - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 EPS12V 610W Power Supply
Operating System - Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition inc. SP2 - OEM - 1Pk (E85-04026)

I definitely agree now but I really am thrusting for any MODULAR power supply that will do the job well.

I now don't care if it looks like a bag of crap, because I have came to realize that if it is black it will match with the rest of the case - giving a more professional look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom