Is this a good brand and price for lcd tv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
try a cheap samsung, i think there 32" models run about 700/800 bucks, but its well worth it.

well her budget was 500 max, but she might do 600 at most.
shes not looking at anything high end.
she is a really simple lady...shes like 40 or 50 something...idk, its my grandpas sis so shes old.

so just let me know if you see something good for that price and post a link if possible.
thanks.

just wanted to provide some more info on Insignia ( i find out it's best buy brand)

past from another source
---
CNET has only rated one Insignia-brand HDTV, a CRT-based model that sells for a little over $400—and they weren't big fans, giving it a 4.2 out of 10. That's about the only professional review of an Insignia-brand TV online (Consumer Reports is said to have given Insignia a “favorable rating,” but obviously their review isn't online), which means either the gadget writers aren't getting review models from Best Buy or they care so little about the brand that they don't bother testing the units.

The problem with judging one Insignia product from another is that each product is likely manufactured by different vendors, even within the same product categories. So that CRT HDTV might have been crap, but another model might have been cooked up by an entirely different manufacturer.
---

And I did some more searching, and this seems so. Toshiba may sometimes make Insignia stereo receivers. Looks like Best Buy set up dumper for all the big names it deals with, lol

get some Olevias at newegg
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

or Vizios at Amazon
Amazon.com: vizio

or other sources...that's just 2 easy links :D

i say get the tv then. If it wont be used for high def movies or gaming, then theres no point getting anything better.

like the other 2 have said above a crt will own any lcd or plasma when it comes to great picture quality for SD signals analog and digital. And I bet will last longer. And have superior contrast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom