AMD Overclocking Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official AMD Overclocking Thread.

Unfortunately i could only reach 3.0ghz once, when i had really good ram(mushkin). Unfortunately, that really good ram only lasted one clocking session lol. Now with the G skills i have, 2.5 is as high as i can go.....POS>

Is that opteron a good chip? Aren't those for servers?

yes, but some of the early Opteron 1xx (that were Socket 939) series were actually great overclockers and performed better in games than the Athlon X2

For all of those curious for cpu score on 3dMark06 for a phenom 9500... Got it at 2.42Ghz with stock cooling. Running on a ECS A770-M AM2+ board. Temperature is at 30 degrees C. Excuse the GFX its just a fill in until my 8800gt comes in on monday.

3dmark1-3-08at24.jpg

PhenomOC242.jpg

Hmm, I'm using that same motherboard right now and i got mine to 2.5ghz prime 95 stable on stock voltages, but its all messed up right now because i still have to reinstall xp form my last motherboard.

Are you using stock fan and heatsink? I had it at 2.52 and it froze while doing a stress test, so I turned it down a bit. Plus my temporary case is super old like 7 years old. My new case comes tomorrow and actually has case fans:p

Are you using stock fan and heatsink? I had it at 2.52 and it froze while doing a stress test, so I turned it down a bit. Plus my temporary case is super old like 7 years old. My new case comes tomorrow and actually has case fans:p

oh I see, I'm using an AC Freezer 64 pro w/ AS5, but also my case is a Cooler Master Centurion5.

Iron Angel: That 3Dmark score is worser than I imagined.

ya.. I thought the 7300gt/8500gt score like 4k in 3dmark06, but then again, Vista did kill the score a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom