1200 limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOcLuE98

Biohazardous
Hey, I am gonna build a system for a friend, and as of right now, my understanding is that he doesnt need a monitor or mouse or keyboard. I was wondering what mobo you guys would suggest with this? and what would you change? no OS needed

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - Retail
Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N841-A3 GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner with LightScribe - OEM
Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

these are the two I am thinking about...
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Newegg.com - ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

thanks!

one more thing, I have a asus P5NE-sli plus, going for 180 on newegg, think I should sell that board to him for 100? and get a new one for myself? It is a solid board, and is it better than those other two boards? he does not plan on OCing at all.(so the fact that my board sucks at OCing q6600 will not be an issue) if so, what board should I get? (e6600, 2gig crucial tracers, 8800 gts g92 512)? thanks!

sorry to bump but advice on a mobo for my friend?

and I dont think I am gonna sell mine, I just broke my phone and dont really need to buy a new one... sadly

go with the IP35-pro, btw sell the P5N32 SLI Plus, its terrible with overclocking quad-cores (ask Nosboost)

go with the IP35-pro, btw sell the P5N32 SLI Plus, its terrible with overclocking quad-cores (ask Nosboost)

I will sell it, but I have a dual, not a quad. So when I decide to upgrade to a quad, I think I might get a new x38

I have the gigabyte p25 ds3r and reccomend that one.

what is the biggest difference between them? Why the huge price diff? Which one is a better OCer

EDIT: sorry to double post, was just on a conversation thread on another forum where double posting is ok.( and you can delete your own posts.. but sorry anyway)

Make sure you buy the OEM Q6600 from Clubit, as they garuntee them to be Stepping B Rivison G0. OR the retail version at Clubit..

I thought for the last couple of weeks Newegg were selling Guaranteed G0 SLACR, but looks like they've gone back to the old guessing games

what is the biggest difference between them? Why the huge price diff? Which one is a better OCer

EDIT: sorry to double post, was just on a conversation thread on another forum where double posting is ok.( and you can delete your own posts.. but sorry anyway)

Can anyone answer this with board experience? I would also like to know which board has better OC capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom