Hmammen going Intel??? Waaaaaaa???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, check out the specs on the 1066 ram. Its just 800mhz ram with looser timings.

Bah i walk away from my desk for 10 minutes and 5 new posts are up before i hit enter.

Honestly, I would strongly advise against the 9650. You would not notice the slightest bit of difference between that chip and a q6600 when OCd to the max, except maybe a 500-1000 point 3D mark boost.

Honestly, I would strongly advise against the 9650. You would not notice the slightest bit of difference between that chip and a q6600 when OCd to the max, except maybe a 500-1000 point 3D mark boost.

It's true. I did that Crysis benchmark on another forum and the current top user is just using a dual core E6850...

Crysis: Results - marc2003

here's the link to the results...quite interesting really.

well... so ur upgrading too huh man?

ok also, didn't you get two 8800gt's wouldn't you need an SLi board instead of the x38 Crossfire board

your deadset on the PSU and CPU but thats fine...

interesting results....and i know....everyone will think it is ridiculous to spend that much but i really want to. Notice the 2nd place guy used a QX9650 and it was clocked at 4.5 ghz and the first place guy used a E6850 clocked at 4.0ghz. But w/e im going for clocks and bragging rights, and besides, it has 2 more cores.

well... so ur upgrading too huh man?

ok also, didn't you get two 8800gt's wouldn't you need an SLi board instead of the x38 Crossfire board

your deadset on the PSU and CPU but thats fine...

yes i have two 8800GT's, but im going to run a single 8800GT 512mb and wait for the new 9x series cards to come out.

interesting results....and i know....everyone will think it is ridiculous to spend that much but i really want to. Notice the 2nd place guy used a QX9650 and it was clocked at 4.5 ghz and the first place guy used a E6850 clocked at 4.0ghz. But w/e im going for clocks and bragging rights, and besides, it has 2 more cores.

I'm pretty sure that Jseber that a qx6700

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom