Buy now or later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix219

Baseband Member
I've recently come into some money that could facilitate me buying my new rig now instead of mid February. All the parts i have planned out are in my sig, but if I were to buy now, I wouldn't have the option on getting the new intel quad and i'd have to go with a q6600, which was my first choice. I also wouldn't have the option of using a 98xx graphics card. I'm trying to weigh my options and figure out when would be the best time to by the parts because I don't want to buy something now and have something come out 2 months down the road thats better for the same price. But I also realize that there is never gonna be a time in this market where new things aren't going to be right around the corner. Should I buy now or wait?

If you dont need it right this second, i would say wait. Or, you could get all of that but the proc and gfx, get like a e2140 and a 7300, then stepup the 7300 when the 9 series come out. The reason i say 7300 and not stepup 8800gt, is that there is a chance the 9xxx wont come out for a few months.

^ thats the technology world ok, so either live with it, or keep upgrading...

but on a more upbeat note, the q9450 isn't that great of an overclocker, eventually it has an FSB Hole problem, so it'll be around the speed q6600 overclocked

98xx series will be pricey for few Quarters, if you want to build either build now, or wait 4 or 5 months

I see your point vernong. On another note, would it be more beneficial to get the 2 8800gt's or one 8800gts(g92)?

2 8800GT's but there isn't a need for it to be honest.. and also the 98xx series looks to be mainly 2 8800 gts g92 slapped on one board for twice the cost of 1.

but in the respect of gt vs gts go with the 512 gts and it will out perform the gt, but not by a huge amount.

also the q6600 can oc to 3 easily and most people can keep it stable around 3.2~3.4 so don't wait/waste your money on something that will be around the same performace as a q6600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom