Tuniq cooler.... wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
Tuniq cooler.... wow - Questions!

Alright this sucker is a monster. haha. I heard you guys say it was big, but I didn't picture it as 10 times the size of my previous cooler. I'm hoping it fits... However I think it will. I have a few questions.

1st. There are 3 sets of instructions. P4, K8, and 3.775. What do I follow? What do they means? 2 of the instructions require me to take out my motherboard which would be a major pain.

2nd. There are wires everywhere. Does it matter if some touch the heat sincs? I know they're hot, but I don't know how I could get around it.

3rd. How do I know which side the fan is shooting out. That way I can direct the hot air to an exhaust.

4th. I have a fan directly above the tuniq cooler. It's a 120 mm slot. Would it help cool it a lot? I see a plate on top of the cooler so I don't know how effective it will be.

5th. My stock cpu has a 4 prong slot and a 4 prong slot on the mobo. The tuniq has a two prong slot.

use the 775 one.

heres a pic of mine and how big it is:
MattsPictures263.jpg

this is how i have my fan arranged...its blowing out toward the top of my case..yours will be the same as well.
MattsPictures257.jpg

use the 775 one.

this is how i have my fan arranged...its blowing out toward the top of my case..yours will be the same as well.
My top fan is actually up and over 5 inches. Straight up for me is my psu. However the cpu is directly next to the back exaust so I plan to use that side for the exaust. Your pictures shows me which way the fan blows so that's answered!

Alright, I just noticed the tuniq has two plugs. A 3 prong and a 2 prong. What are the two. Is one an extra for different boards?

oh yeah, if you need help overclocking with your board. let me know...there are some voltage changes you need to make first before doing so.

same cooler as well. I didnt expect it to be so big either.

im also using MX-2 too, the CPU is clocked at 2.8GHz, n temps show that it is at 25 C, according to my LED on my PC, 17 C from my MSI Dual-core optimizer.

25 C n im clocked at 2.8GHz already! HOLY ****!!

the 3 prong is where you plug it into the motherboard...the 2 pin is for the fan controller that you should have.
Yep, found this out when I looked at the other peices.
oh yeah, if you need help overclocking with your board. let me know...there are some voltage changes you need to make first before doing so.
Sounds good, I will overclock very soon. I know near to nothing so I plan to do a lot of researching. I just installed an exaust on the roof of my case and I installed 3 side fans plus the tuniq cooler. I have my pc on but doing nothing just to see how cool things run. What voltages are you talking about? Ones that are different then I'd find when looking around and seraching etc..? Let me know anything as I'm getting ready and excited!.
same cooler as well. I didnt expect it to be so big either.

im also using MX-2 too, the CPU is clocked at 2.8GHz, n temps show that it is at 25 C, according to my LED on my PC, 17 C from my MSI Dual-core optimizer.

25 C n im clocked at 2.8GHz already! HOLY ****!!
Yeah I had to knock out my 4th side fan because of it. But that's alright as I'm glad to get this one in. As for temps good! I can't wait to start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom