Onboard Audio for MSI Mobo and CM 690 case

Status
Not open for further replies.

undefined

In Runtime
Hi I have a MSI K9A2 CF-F AM2+/AM2 AMD motherboard with a Cooler Master 690 black case.

When I plug in my headphones to the green audio jack in the back, I don't hear any sound (thought a popup notification from the MSI audio software says you have plugged something in the audio jack). I already installed the Mobo's audio drivers and I can see the software.

Inside the computer, I have hooked up the HD AUDIO cable coming from the top to the JAUD1. There are some other connectors stemming from that wire with AC'97 (that I have not connected) and a bunch of wires with individual single pin connectors with different colors.

How can I fix this problem?

I'm not at home, so I can't jump in this right now. If it hasn't been resolved by the time I get on at home, I'll see what I can find.

Thanks - if it is answered, I will write a note in this thread.

Anyone else in the meantime? Much appreciated.

I checked the BIOS - the HD Audio is ENABLED. The HDAUDIO cable from the case is plugged into the JAUD1.

F16, thanks for the help. This is a common scenario.

As or right now, nothing is plugged in. Under the Audio I/O, nothing is lit up. Now, I'm going to plugin earbud headphones into the front I/O panel. It doesn't pop anything/play any sound. Now, I will hook it up to the GREEN jack in the back of the computer... now there is some action. It pops up and says "You just plugged a device into the audio jack!".

The actual software pops up a list of I/O. Its default value is Line Out (it is checked). I click OK. The Back Analog I/O panel is now lit up in the software (to say that it's using that). I switch it to headphones in the little picture and it plays this nice sound, only in that software. If I go to YouTube, and try to play a video, no sound. If I go to VLC and play a video, no sound. The sound only succesfully propogates through the MSI Software, only when I click the little headphones.

Hm, got it to work now... ONLY the back panel. I just re-installed the drivers from the MSI site itself. I guess the CD ones weren't good. Thanks for the help all, much appreciated!!!

Any help for the front panel, guys?

I've already looked at that. I have hooked up the HD Audio to the mobo, still no go. The USB ports (2 of them) on the front panel work without a problem... I posted in another forum and some guy said he had to install the Realtek HD Audio drivers (which I have already done) to get his to work, because initially they didn't work. I still can't find a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom