Symantec + Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

mendriel

Baseband Member
Hey gang,

I've got a computer that's been upgraded to Vista. It previously had some form of Symantec/Norton protection that won't work with Vista. Personally I'm not too disappointed it won't work.

Anyway, when I reboot the machine, I get errors regarding the compatability of Symantec, but I can't get it to run from any aspect, nor can I uninstall it. I'd like to get rid of it completely, but I can't figure out how. Any ideas as to how to get rid of it?

FWIW I've installed AVG Free and Spybot S&D in the meantime.

Thanks,
Andy

Unfortunately when I try to run the utility, it tells me I must remove Norton Antivirus and Norton Firewall sung the Windows Add/Remove utility. Neither of those exist and I have stopped all running Symantec/Norton processes.

I'll pull the string with Symantec support and see what kind of progress I can make there. Thanks!

Osiris,

Thanks for the suggestion. I was hoping to be able to post here saying it was successful, but it was not.

I scanned with HJT and checked all of the Symantec entries. When I fixed them, it went and did its thing. But if I do a scan again right away, all of the entries are still there. Am I using HJT wrong?

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom