Nvidia Releases Official Details on 9600 GT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitersety

Daemon Poster
DailyTech - NVIDIA Details GeForce 9600 GT

snippet:

Corporate guidance from NVIDIA lists the initial GeForce 9600 GT shipments come stock with a 650 MHz core clock and a 1625 MHz unified shader clock. Unlike the G84 core found on GeForce 8600 GT, D9M will feature a 256-bit memory bus interface. Coupled with a 900 MHz memory clock, NVIDIA calculates the memory bandwidth at 57.6 GB/s.

This apparently has double the performance of the 8600 GT.

So they're starting with low end cards this round eh. Guess they still have some GTX and Ultras to sell.

Double the performance of the 8600? Meh, that wouldn't take much.

They should start with three cards, low/mid/high. After that, introduce another of each. Lastly, phase out the initial releases and release a last round of all three as well as a couple of versions of onboard. this way they would make plenty of money, keep the people happy, and not flood the market in the process.

bleh. good thing I decided to wait instead of getting a new card. looks like its going to be a while before they release their monster. step up would probably run out. heh

Guess I'm going to have to wait till the 9000 series comes out for me to buy a new video card.

bleh. good thing I decided to wait instead of getting a new card. looks like its going to be a while before they release their monster. step up would probably run out. heh

I agree. They probably won't release their high end models until ATi finally comes out with a faster GPU than the 8800 Ultra. Which doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

I wasn't planning on doing step up anyway. After I sell my GTX I'm going to buy a "placeholder card" while I wait for the 9800's to come out.

I'm still kind of torn between the 3870 and a GT or GTS 512.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom