Gaming Monitor - Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piye

Beta member
Well, my beloved 19" CRT just died on me... So it looks like I'm in the market for a new monitor.

I am looking for something in the upper quality 22" LCD range.

Through the research I've done so far, I have picked out these 3 monitors that I am leaning towards, but would love some personal opinions from you guys before I go ahead and make a final decision.

Viewsonic VX2235WM
Samsung 226BW/226CW (No clue about the differences between the 2)
HP W2207

The monitor I'm after would be strictly for gaming, so i'm after the best picture/lighting quality I can find. I have read that many LCD's can be a pain when it comes to games with low lighting, so i'm trying to keep this aspect in consideration as well.

Thanks

i have the samsung 226bw, its pretty much the best you can get for 22's, i wouldn't go hp, there monitors arn't good. What ever you decide for a good gaming experience you'll want 2ms response and 3000:1 contrast (thats the specs of the 226bw

What ever you decide for a good gaming experience you'll want 2ms response and 3000:1 contrast (thats the specs of the 226bw

^ not true. You will not be able to tell the difference between 2ms and 5ms and im sure that 1000:1 would be fine. But still, the 226BW is probably my favurite monitor.

yes i have a 5ms monitor and 2ms monitor and i can tell the difference and 2000 of the 3000:1 contrast is virtual contrast

i have the samsung 226bw, its pretty much the best you can get for 22's, i wouldn't go hp, there monitors arn't good. What ever you decide for a good gaming experience you'll want 2ms response and 3000:1 contrast (thats the specs of the 226bw

I have this monitor as well. 2ms 3000:1 1680x1050. Monitor rules!

I have this monitor as well. 2ms 3000:1 1680x1050. Monitor rules!

Same here have the same monitor as well and love it. Veiwsonic makes low ms response times and they look rather clean as for the two and the 5ms even for the games I pley I really dont pick up the difference on the response time. Acer is cheap an decent but think your best bet is a samsung.

is DVI all that is needed or is having HDMI on the LCD better option?

I want a 22' also but want to use it long term, what if next year I get vista and they only let you watch hd-dvd/blueray through a monitor hooked up with hdmi, I thought that was part of vistas drm was you can't use HD via DVI cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom