6800xt > 8800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapperX

Putting the X in Sapper
Now that the title got your attention... what is going on here? I had a 6800xt with LOADS of options for resolution/screen position. I now have an evga 8800gt with 4 resolution options (none are HD such as 780p 1080i), and NO options to move my screen image which is WAYYY to the right. I have a 24" samsung lcd HDTV btw. Any help here?

try falling back on some older drivers.. or try the omega drivers, that seemed to work on this piece of junk ati card i have here at work

Hmm, I don't want to have to use old drivers with a card I spent $300 on. Do the 8800gt's really have only these options, or am I missing something?

hmm weird i have an 8800gt and i have all the settings i could wish for...
BTW your Resolution is limited to ur monitor... mabe try reinstalling the Drivers and go to Nvidia Control Panel...

You did something wrong. My 8800 Gt works fine. You might want to boot in safe mode and use drivercleaner then start from scratch.

Tried all of that. My monitor supports all HD formats and much higher res then this card allows. Maybe I got a faulty card... but it seems to work other then awful, awful options in control panel.

I figured it out. I guess this is a HUGE problem that nVidia absolutely refuses to fix. Any monitors that don't have drivers (I think most?!) will show up as generic and will have limited ability to do everything... rendering the card useless. ATI here I come!

thats a dumb reason to go ati, they have nothing that beats the 8800gt

i'm telling you, try downloading the omega drivers on the omega driver page... they use official nvidia drivers, and just tweak them a bit for problems like that

There are so many others with this problem, and I haven't found one thats fixed it yet... but I will give those drivers a try since ATI can't touch the 8800gt when it actually works. I also really don't want to have to buy another card. I am so mad right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom