Setting SATA DVD drive to primary drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejeremy

In Runtime
Hey forum,

I have a PATA CD-ROM drive already installed in my computer and working correctly. Recently I received a new SATA DVD drive and installed that as well into the same computer. They both work fine, but when I play games for example the computer looks for the CD in my older drive, not the new one. I'd like to set the SATA drive to be my primary drive. How would I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance.

They both do support CD's, but I want to keep both of them installed. I plan on burning CD's directly from one CD to another in the future. Thanks for the quick reply though.

this is very interesting! i have yet to change/mix sata/pata. look forward to hearing the definitive answer..by the way, did you load ALL the games with the old cd drive? or some with the sata drive? seem to remember from long ago that the original load source is looked for....should be better than that now though eh?
sorry i can't help, but i'm rooting for you...

Some games were previously installed using the old drive, and I recently installed some using the new one. Like I said, they both work fine. I can put a CD/DVD into either drive and it will read it automatically. But I want media in the new SATA drive to be detected by default, not the old drive.

Thanks for rooting for me, hoping someone has an answer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom