Forum Cherry Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

V8Jeep

Solid State Member
Just dropping in for my obligatory new user post in the newb forum.

Im entirely a FPS gamer, been shooting MF's in Novalogic games since DFLW was around, and its been a while since i built a computer last. (right about when the Sapphire X850XT came out to give you an idea) i havent touched a FPS for a couple years since though, and after seeing some of the new games, im ready to get back into it again. i parted some of my computer out after my last OC crash a couple years ago, and just havent had the time till now.

last system was alright but nothing spectacular:

some clear smoked mid ATX case
Skyhawk 570 PS
DFI Lanparty UT4 MB (never buying that tempermental thing again)
AMD 1800+ i think, clocked to around 2.25 when running last
Corsair ULL 512x2 platnum series
usual WD 120gig, nothing fancy there. lit a raptor on fire once :D
X850XT clocked well over PE specs
other little dodads like coolers and AS compound

but the MB finally failed for the 3rd time with everything low and stable, and i gave up. DFI support sucks honestly and i doubt it has improved much.

given the turnaround time for new gaming tech i want to build another, and am going to be looking for rec's on a new system build. i am lost on what works with what anymore and what is failing, so ill be asking for a little advice from time to time. im not new to forums so ill search first and ask later.

peace

Welcome to Tech-Forums.

Don't sweat it... there are plenty who are more than happy to help you cobble together a decent rig.

from the first hour or 2 of reading posts there is no doubt of peoples abilities or helpfulness here ive noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom