My GPU OC. temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
Hey just a quick question here. Figured out since I can't use ATI Tool to oc directly, I can use rivatuner to OC and ati tool to scan for artifact/errors. works pretty good.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f167/Akubane/GPUOC.jpg

Anyhow with fan at 80% I idle at 64*. I turn fan to 100 on load and it sits at around 75*

i know its a bit warm but nothign to worry about. I was just wondering if removing the stock HSF, and replacing those pads with some MX-2 paste would make any difference at all? or would it not be worth the trouble?

thanks

MX-2 will lower temps , and your temps are fine. My cousins is like 90c when on load , but always watch temps , and hear other opinions then mine :)

cool. i know GPU's are rated a lot higher, just wasn't sure how much higher XD I'll slap some mx-2 on for fun then. thanks ^^

ok? any particular reason? saves me some time and effort so I don't really care all that much. but running the fan at 100 is a pain, its quite loud.

the pads are only used on the ram and other components which don't really need crazy cooling.

The stock thermal paste is actually quite good as well, it's just that sometimes they glob a whole ton on so you may gain a few degrees by applying it better.

One thing to note though is that the g80 IHS surfaces are quite large, almost like a cpu...so make sure you have enough paste.

oooh understood. I have a fresh tube, but maybe i'll hold off cause I'll still need to apply some to the CPU block when I mount it. Thanks for the input. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom