I think it's time for me to build

Status
Not open for further replies.

aetherh4cker

Corrupt Techie
Well, I did plan on waiting for two things before I build, but now I think I'll just build now. I wanted a Penryn based 45nm processor, but I saw in a Tom's Hardware review that it could be march before these things are released. I was also interested in nVidia's 9000 series cards, but have yet to see any official information on that.

Not sure I'd want something that new anyway...

That being the case, here's what I have in mind:

Case:
Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
(I already have this, just sitting around)

Motherboard:
Newegg.com - ABIT IP35 LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
(Newegg's reviews make me nervous... should I just get a DS3R?)

Processor:
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - Retail

Video Card:
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N802-A1 GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Memory:
2x Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
(Was going to just get the non-LED version, but they went up in price! I'd rather spend the same amount on ones with LED's)

Hard Disk (RAID5):
4x Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
(Yeah, I really want that much storage)

Heatsink:
Newegg.com - Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme Processors Compatibility : Socket 775 Quad Core Socket AM2+ Socket AM2 Socket 939 Retention kit (Ultra-120 eXtreme do not include a backplate for AM2&AM2+ systems. If you have motherboard manufactured by -
(Did this go up in price?! Also... what is a good fan to go with it... I don't think I can afford a Scythe one)

Power Supply:
Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 EPS12V EPS12V 610W Continuous @ 40°C Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, cUL, CE, CB, TUV - Retail

Edit: Forgot PSU.

Nice build. I wouldnt change even one of those choices.

I would go for a yate loon fan as ive heard good things, but i cant find them on newegg.

looks like a smokin hot build to me. i like the HD setup too XD.

just a question why go for the GT over the G92 GTS? Good that you're going evga, that way if you wanted you could step-up and still get your 9800.

Dunno about the board. Id go with what you're comfortable with. And don't listen to newegg reviews lol some of them give me a migrane.

edit~ i've heard many good things about yate loons. they're ugly as sin but I guess they perform excellent.

I don't know if the 8800GTS would be worth the price increase...

... and I think I will just stick with the Abit IP35 and hope for the best.

oh IC. probably not. i was just thinkin if you had the cash now, and planned on stepping up, youd have that much more banked on the new card. I haven't even looked at the price so if it that much more you're probably right XD

build looks A+

This will be my first 'from the ground up' build... so... I hope you guys are still here to help me in 3 days!

looks good to me. i wouldn't change anything. that motherboard shouldn't give you any trouble either, i like abit and they make a pretty good quality product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom