Alienware vs Falcon Northwest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was about to mention that guy with the 40Ghz Pc, who likes to add all the cores.

EDIT: did you know the ps3 has a 24Ghz processor? 8SPu's@3Ghz each lol :p

Lol yeah I say the OP buys a water cooled PS3 and trys overclocking that because it would so own a q6600 duh :p. But seriously, I strongly recommend that you buy this case:

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution RC-830-KKN3-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

That is the newest revision of the Cooler Master. In fact ended up buying mine off ebay before they put it on newegg. It dissipates heat a little better than the older ones. On air, my e6600 @ 3.6ghz idles at 35C both cores.

q6600 + x38 + crucials + 3870 (possibly x2) = FTW!

and yeah im pretty sure my e6400 at ~3ghz will stomp any 6000+ out there.

edit: oh maybe a 780i and gts g92 (x2).. either way

It doesn't matter the vendor... you can build better for less if you do it yourself. Lots of good suggestions thrown out here. Since Alienware and FNW were mentioned, the lists of high-end parts are definitely what you would want to look at.

As for a case, go with what you like. Temper this with some good reviews so you don't end up with a snazzy looking oven.

lol trotter. as for cases personally i'd look into the silverstone tj-09, or the Cooler Master stacker 810/830. both are excellent cases.

the way you quoted makes me look stupid...

when your the one making me look ignorant...

ok First of all.. I know what I'm talking about ok buddy? if you don't believe me go check a benchmark or two... also.. adding up clock speeds is idiotic because that would mean what the guy said about the 40ghz PC would be true.. and we regulars know not to do that...

lol, if it means anything to you... Any reader using a slight part of his brain can tell both of you have different writing styles, your "Speech" is completely different, indicating its two people. Of course its also a conflicting argument hah.

from the looks of it the hp blackbird would be the best name brand gaming pc.
theres alot more than the processor, amd processors aswell as there motherboard support tend to be somewhat easier to put together and overall are easier. The difference between the amd6000 and 6600 conroe will not be a factor when at high resolutions and with the graphics goodies on max. Get the 8800 GTX Ultra if u want outright raw performance, or two of the latest ati equalivant. From my expirence ati cards are better stable than nvida. When it comes to computer parts, sometimes its not about what is the fastest, it boils down to the easiest, cheapest, best stability and so forth.
Sometimes with a high investment buying name brand pcs might be good in the long run if you do not plan on many upgrades. You will pay higher than what you would so by building though.

i bought from alienware before, big mistake, i was young and foolish lol, build my new pc myself and saved a lot of cash

lol does not. I mean the only thing that might make it better is a larger cache size, but the atlon 6000+ has more actual processing power. thats 3 ghz per core buddy, thats 6 ghz processing power. im not dissin the core 2, thats a good processor, but a 2.4 ghz core 2 duo is not better then the 6000+. the core 2 quad at 2.4 ghz certainly beats it, but not the duo. . .

I am sorry to say that you are totally cluless and that you should actually do some research before you try to disprove someone who is actually in the right.

And you dont add up the cores like that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom