What games can I run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterme2009

Beta member
So my brothers built a PC for me for Christmas. They know more about this than I and that is why I wasn't consulted. Anyway, before I get games for the computer, which games can I run and at what settings?

I have:

Gigabyte S-series Motherboard (Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. M61P-S3)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ 2.40 GHz
3072 MB (3 x 1gb) of RAM
HDD: WDC WD25 00AAJS-22RYA SCSI Disk Device (250.06 GB)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS (512 MB DDR3)
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit
Windows Experience Index (if it means anything) of 5.0.

What are the highest end FPS's and RTS's this computer can run? How would Crysis do?

Also the box of the graphics card says it has 512 MB of graphics memory though dxdiag says I have 1774 MB for some reason. What's up with that?

You would be fine running pretty much all of the newest games. Crysis you would most likely have to play on lowest, but thats the only game you would have a lot of trouble with.

you should be able to run any game out there. it just depends on res's and settings. like stated above crysis would be the only game that would suffer in performance, but it should definitely still run. as for RTS Company of Hero's, supreme commander, and world in conflict and others like it should run fine.

what size monitor do you have?

You should be able to run any game enjoyably today. You could turn alot of settings on but you may have to skimp a little on AA and AF, which can get pretty demanding. But even I have to do that with my video card, so you will still get beautiful visuals.

never used that site before, but im sure it'll give you a rough estimate of what you can expect.

p.s. bigy.. you got a phenom? how's that working out?

p.s. bigy.. you got a phenom? how's that working out?

interesting actually. It's kind of a long story, bur honestly I haven't really been able to test it out to its full performance yet. Right now I'm using the ECS A770M motherboard, but the thing is i let my friend borrow my copy of the windows xp installation cd, so I'm using the same windows that i used on my old motherboard and its having a bunch of errors. On friday my new MSI motherboard should be here, and I'll have my xp cd back form my friend so then I can start testing it out. I'm selling this ECS motherboard though, OC options are weak and I can't even monitor my temps unless I'm in bios. It's an ok board if you don't really want to OC or mess around with bios options and tweak your system, but that's not me lol. Nevertheless, I still did notice a difference when running different programs at once, like itunes, nero dvd burning and photoshop. Overall this is generally quicker that my x2 6400, but we'll see how much better it is when I start gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom