Mobo's, what to look for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you plan on going SLI, in which case the 680i is better than the 650i, i would avoid Nvidia chipsets like the plague. Get a p35 based board.

Unless you plan on going SLI, in which case the 680i is better than the 650i, i would avoid Nvidia chipsets like the plague. Get a p35 based board.

thats what i was thinking the 8800 gt in sli configuration in nearly as good as the 8800 gtx in sli configuration at a smaller price

i want this pc to last a few years before i have to start changing parts

Lots of people run 1600 FSB 24/7. The nvidia boards just have really crappy memory controllers which is what usually dies.

i dont see why people have such a hard time with the nvidia boards..i've had nothing but good luck out of mine...with a little research you can learn how to use it properly.

if you want SLI go with the new 780i board.

ok i guess i know what to look for in a mobo now

if i look for one with a decent chipset (p35, 780i ect) and the connections i need for other things it would be good

i dont see why people have such a hard time with the nvidia boards..i've had nothing but good luck out of mine...with a little research you can learn how to use it properly.

if you want SLI go with the new 780i board.

It's not a matter of misuse, the 680i boards are just very hit and miss when it comes to getting one that doesnt burn up the memory controller.

BTW, you better find some wood to knock on now that you proclaimed to have had no issues with your 680i :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom