What was your first computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family stayed out of the computer scene for a while. They got a Compaq as their first computer which was the family computer. It quickly blew out 3 motherboards within a month's time so we ditched it. A few weeks later, my parents took a dive and got the absolute best computer on the market. It was a Gateway with a 1.1ghz Socket A processor. I think it came with 128mb of RAM and a 20 gig hard drive. After a few years, it was passed to me, and eventually my brother. It's been upgraded to 512mb of RAM and has Win 2k Pro on it now. It runs CS 1.6 great, considering we play against each other on a lot of popular servers.

As of yet, it hasn't had any problems. The first issue we had with it was two days ago when we got a lot of random blue screens saying something about physical memory. I reseated the RAM and it's been great since.

1997 HP Pavilion desktop, 6GB HD, 64 MB RAM, 2 celeron. i joined the military in 2005 and as a surprise my parents put windows XP on it while i was gone without changing ANYTHING on the inside, and although it's completely stock and 10 years old, it only takes 8.5 seconds to open wmp.

(p.s.: we got a new PC for christmas, a 2007 HP Pavilion :) )

I had a few computers handed down to me, an IBM aptiva for example with a 200 mhz pentium, which he took back when I actually bought a computer. in fact all the hand me downs my dad took back so technically they were loaners and not mine hehe. the first comp that I actually owned that I bought with my own money was an HP pavilion with an intel celeron 1.8 ghz processor, 256 mb of ram, 40 gig hard drive, cd/rw. I added an ATI 1250 vid card and dvdrw drive. it also had a 17 CRT monitor. the capacitors on the mobo finally blew last year (i bought it like 3-4 years ago) and i still have the entire comp processors still good, though not in use. I am currently using the CRT monitor, keyboard, cd and dvd drive in my current system. gotta love pirating old components to save money hehe.

Wow, this thread made me feel old.......

'84 Apple IIc with a monochrome 10" monitor.
appleiic.JPG

the first ever pc i had was a family pc

it was a non branded one that had a 1ghz cpu with 16mb ram and 6 gig hdd, i only remember it so well because after we got it my dad was trying to put microsoft office sweet on it and it got like 60% of the first disk on before the hdd was full that was out of 5 disks

the first ever pc i had was a family pc

it was a non branded one that had a 1ghz cpu with 16mb ram and 6 gig hdd, i only remember it so well because after we got it my dad was trying to put microsoft office sweet on it and it got like 60% of the first disk on before the hdd was full that was out of 5 disks

are u sure a 1Ghz PC only had 16mb of ram????????

my first PC:
P2 350Mhz
64MB RAM
4MB GFX card (dunno brand)
5.59GB HDD
Windows 98 (not SE)

yeah it said in the book we got with it

it han win 95 on it with a dial up modem

it is cra**** then the most basic dell or a $200 put together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back