CD-Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
Yeah...ok my stupid CD-Rom drive just wont turn on all of the sudden...I did nothing to it. I was putting on some drivers for graphics and such and it just doesnt work anymore...wha???????

is the computer still detecting that it is actually there? like under my computer, does it list it as one of the drives?

GameGURU, what does it say under the Device Manager? Do you see a yellow or a red mark next to your CD-ROM device?

nope, says its the sony crx 100e (i know its old), but whenever i put a disk in it just sits there...and then i open my computer and it freezes.

check the following:

1. device manager does not have it as "other devices" (via My computer properties >> hardware tab)
2. there is power going to the drive. (hit eject button to verify)
3. crack open the case to make sure no cables are loose.

i guess you could also put a disk in there and check My Computer to see if it refreshes the drive label to reflect the title of the disk.

Thanks for the reply, I checked everything and it is still a no go. I can open them up, but when I put a CD in, it isnt read. One of my CD-RW drives isnt even read as a cd-rw, just a normal cd drive...that one is too old to put the manufacturers firmware on, and the other one I have it up to date. When I go into properties, it reads my 52x CD-RW and the correct thing but it doesnt work. And my 48x CD-RW is read as a CD-Rom drive.

I dont' see where you posted your OS. If you are using a Win9.x system, press F8 when the PC boots up and try booting up the "Last known good hardware" profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom