Gonna oc my 8800gt, tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the GT should easily do 700 core and 1000 memory for 24/7 usage, just turn the fan speed up a little. Also, dont run the memory over 1000mhz for daily use as word is the memory bus cant handle the speed and eventually fails from prolonged use over 1k. My GT usually started to artifact and crash at anything over 720 core.

I did 675/850 successfully and bumped my 3dmark06 up to 8,243. I may go a lil bit higher, but i think this is fine for now.

Don't go over 1000 on the memory.

It wont let me take it to 980 let alone 1000. My card is already slightly OC from the factory and its great, the little I could OC it did boost my score slightly, I haven't run any games yet, but id be surprised to see a few FPS.

I'd urge a little more caution than the other guys are suggesting. Not that their advice is wrong, but I've heard one or two horror stories from people who have been unlucky with their GTs, and found that they really had very little headroom for overclocking. One guy just boshed in a quite low overclock that someone else had attained, straight out of the box, without testing, and found his GT was not only incapable, but also fried as a result. His fault, but still, that kind of practice often works.

So (as you should with all overclocking), take it little by little, better to waste time and keep your GPU intact, particularly since these GTs seem to run hot and have a smaller OC margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom