Warning! CPU has changed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alloy13

Beta member
One day, I boot up my pc, and I have been getting this message 'Warning! CPU has changed! Please save CMOS settings...or something like that...' on almost every boot up. I have been saving the CMOS settings and resetting the internal clock every boot up since then, to no effect.

My system is an ACER T3100

I have changed my 2 RAM cards to DDR kingston 512 mb, and that was years ago.

Please help, what could be the problem? Or what can I do myself to troubleshoot the cause?

no idea

pls advise

which one is the cmos battery, and how do i replace it?

what is the average price for that?

any compatibility issues for batt and motherboard?

your help is greatly appreciated
thks

It is just a lithium 3v battery, one of the round ones not sure of the exact spec number

Yeah, it does in fact sound like your battery. They will only last 3 years or so. Go to your manufacturer specs/manual. It's an easy fix once you take the panel off of your box. Google around a bit for some "how to's" You can do it man!

Yeah, it does in fact sound like your battery. They will only last 3 years or so. Go to your manufacturer specs/manual. It's an easy fix once you take the panel off of your box. Google around a bit for some "how to's" You can do it man!

lol good encouraging talk there ;) all you have to do is remove power cable, remove case cover, remove old battery insert new battery, case cover on, power in, switch on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom