Prime95 + Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizted_3kgt

Daemon Poster
I don't understand this. I run Prime95 for 45 minutes before I get an error, so I up the voltage a couple notches. Not even 10 minutes into the next run, I get an error. By all rights it should have lasted longer than the previous run at least. How does this thing prove it's stable again?? I'm about to say the heck with it, and just use gaming as my stability gauge. If anything it's only good to gauge whether or not the CPU will ever overheat.

If a system is unstable, it will fail randomly during the test. Now of course the move unstable it is, the quicker it will encounter an error but it's random. Don't get discouraged because of a quick error after a voltage increase, it doesn't mean your system became less stable, just that it's not stable yet.

Try bumping up other voltages a little too, the NB and SB especially.

When I OC'd mine, I used the time until crash as a test. If it crashed sooner like you just explained, then I would drop the voltage back one notch where it ran longer. Then I would raise the FSB and test again and repeat. I did this until it crashed sooner on the FSB, then back off one notch. Next I did the same thing with the NB. Repeat again for SB. This is just the way I did it.

are you running the Small FFT's with 4 torture tests???

Yes.

Thing is, I was just playing games (TF2 and BF2) for about 4 hours straight with no problems at all. I had it logging, never got above 57*C on the cores. I understand that only uses about 40% of the CPU at most, but that's all I really need to worry about for now.

Prvrt that sounds like a good plan. I'm still kinda waiting to see what the fully cured AS5 will do for me a few days from now.

If a system is unstable, it will fail randomly during the test. Now of course the move unstable it is, the quicker it will encounter an error but it's random. Don't get discouraged because of a quick error after a voltage increase, it doesn't mean your system became less stable, just that it's not stable yet.

Try bumping up other voltages a little too, the NB and SB especially.

I don't have those options to do so.

Unfortunately I took the cheap way out and bought the 680i LT instead of the 680i. So it'll show the voltages to me, but the only ones it'll let me adjust are the cpu, ram, and fsb voltage. Gets the job done, but cant fine tune (which was their intention when making the LT).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom