overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
I know that overclocking evga cards does not void warranty (other than burns and such as result) but does overclocking a gigabyte mobo and q6600 void there warrantys?

its very impossible to detect weather a system failure is do to over clocking, even if it is. so technically yes it will void your warranty, but they will never kno that you over clocked it in the first place, and this was told to me by an xfx technician.

If you up the voltage to much and fry the board then no it would not be covered. Really only way to tell if you did that is by a big burn mark or alot of broken circuts.

If you up the voltage to much and fry the board then no it would not be covered. Really only way to tell if you did that is by a big burn mark or alot of broken circuts.

but even then it could have been a power surge in the house, which is exacly what the technician told me, anything that can be blamed on over clocking can be blamed on something else, so do not fear of warranty void if you over clock, itl be imposibble to tell, heck you can say lightning hit your house, most direct lightning strikes can go right thru a surge protector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom