What does AntiAliasing and Anisotrophic Do for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh i see. i'll def giv it a shot though. i'll probably use AA since i'm stuck at 1280x1024. and yeah i forgot to notice the soon to be resurrected part lol. one heck of a new years eve -.- works gonna be fun today lol.

AA Makes jaggy edges smooth. It uses VRAM but you dont really ned it at higher resolutions, as when the resolution is higher, more pixels are used so it automatically takes the jagggies away. I cannot live without AA. There are different types of AA, such as super/multi sampling, temporal AA and stuff like that. Im not too sure , but i think that temporal AA actually adds pixels to make thin objects (such as a metal bar in a gate for example) look smoother.

AF just makes textures in the distance look less muddy. I dont really notice the difference between when it is on and off, so i just keep it off all the time.

4x AF is generally performance hit free. AA Takes much more of a FPS hit than AF in general.

Hope this helped ^^

Great explaination.

Im currently making a game, if you were to play it would you want the option of 16x AA (multi-sampling)??

it'd be less necessary at 1680x1050. you'd probably notice a fair improvement at 1440x900.

i say 1280 and down makes the biggest difference.

edit~ id even klike to have options i know ill never use. XD more the merrier

at 1680x1050 which is my monitor resolution, once u pass 4x there really isn't a difference. too much antialiasing will also make the text and some objects too blurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom