Vista seems to be crapping out

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, shouldn't these "new age" computers be able to handle FF, WMP, and IE at once? i mean, christ what is the point of paying so much money for garbage?
IT all depends. You specs could be lower end for Vista. So yeah it would adversly affect the system and slow it down. Spending all sorts of $$ on a PC doesnt mean you get the best. Jsut means you paid more.

And, what is Desktop Windows Manager?
It is exactly what it sounds like. That is what control Aero. Turn off Aero and that number will go down.

my system runs multiple apps fine, no bogging, and it's average by "today's" standards.
I hear Vista blue screens, but haven't seen it yet. The blue screen is just an error display report...but for the life of me, haven't seen it while running Vista.

I'm sure if you OC you'll encounter error screens, as well as relying on crappy companies that produce junk software and drivers.

no MS does not produce junk software, yes my opinion but...people use their stuff for a reason, it's good! :D

Screens of death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, it comes up with a blue screen and that;s it... then it restarts... happened about 4-5 times since yesterday.

Can you see a stop error code at all? If not turn off the auto restart upon crash so we can get the stop error code and start figuring out what is going wrong.

Start>Right click on computer>Properties>Advance Tab>Startup and Recovery>Uncheck the Automatically Restart box and click Okay.

This will prevent Windows from restarting upon a crash so that we can get the Stop Error code.

it BSed again, but it didn't have naything on it... it was just blue. the thing that pops up whne you have an unexpected shitdown came up and under more details said:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 82276241
BCP3: B00B1BD4
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini010108-01.dmp
C:\Users\Kath\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-91603-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Kath\AppData\Local\Temp\WER4CA8.tmp.version.txt

go to start, run, type msconfig, press enter. Go to startup. Is everything in thre checked? If so how many are checked?

This seems to be a common problem with no solution from what I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom