New Build Help =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've heard those thermal pads werent as good as the original paste. eh idk it may have been a bad post. If you know what are the temp differences between a HS with a pad and without but having thermal paste?

Can the 5000+ be overclocked further then the 6400+? I'm not talking relative, but overall. Also, doesn't the cache play a big factor in CPU speeds?

Can the 5000+ be overclocked further then the 6400+? I'm not talking relative, but overall. Also, doesn't the cache play a big factor in CPU speeds?

not really, I mean in games there might be a slight FPS difference or a slight score difference in Benchmarks, but not exactly noticeable and yes the 5000+ should overclock a bit better (as in have a higher limit than a 6400+)

Shouldn't that slight difference in performance make up for a slight difference in temps? Also I can't say one way or the other, but if the 5000+ is able to clock higher then the 6400+ under the same conditions, then I agree that the 5000+ is the better choice.

Shouldn't that slight difference in performance make up for a slight difference in temps? Also I can't say one way or the other, but if the 5000+ is able to clock higher then the 6400+ under the same conditions, then I agree that the 5000+ is the better choice.

actually its not a "slight" difference in Temperatures.. its 10C or so.... compare 65nm from 90nm temps... like an old Smithfield vs Presler core temperatures or a better example B3 Vs G0 steppings at the same speed and coolign

So under the stock heatsink the 5000+ can be overclocked to 3.2ghz without any heat worries what-so-ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom