Old Power supply Guide (2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Updated Power supply guide

so where would my Skyhawk GM570PC come into play? i think it was one of the better PS recommended by DFI when the lanparty required a 24 pin connector, and few actually had one instead of an adapter like the rest.

its been very, very stable (when i was using it before, going to again soon) and withstands quite a bit of abuse.

I have to explain? :( It's not like this is my thread, or I am really interested in helping out random people online. but yeah..

you have it under brands to avoid which is totally not true.

ultra's newer lines have been VERY good, you should check out some reivews. if anything, they should be placed up there with disclaimers about their bad product lines (which are all old) rather than being on the avoid list with disclaimers about their good products..

regardless, it's still outdated.

Did you read the models listed in parenthesis?

I listed the only good models for ultra, then I listed the eceptions next to ultra when it was listed under brands to avoid.

Its very much not out dated..
Maybe you should read the entire line before passing judgement.

I have the X3 which is not on the Good list or the Avoid list. Time will tell if this is a good PSU or not. Paid a pretty penny for it and I like the modular cabling, so fingers are crossed. Remember the list is a guide, not the law.

just to let you kno if you have the silver stone zeus on the high end list the silver stone strider 600w model should be there aswell, as its the same model psu, "SilverStone decides to join the party with their newly released Strider ST60F power supply. Featuring a modular cable management system and a quiet 120mm cooling fan, the ST60F pushes a total 600W output and it uses the same but improved core based on the Zeus ST65ZF. "

PC Modding Malaysia: content / silverstone strider st60f power supply review

They are ok, but there are still many choices better in quality.
In comparison to the FSP, about the same..
Let me put it this way, if I saw someone buying one, I wouldn't yell at them. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom