New Build Help =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

edbtzy

Baseband Member
ok im trying to rebuild my computer so iv done some research on different peices of hardware but would like peoples opinion on a few...here is what i got so far:

ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
Newegg.com - ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Windsor 3.2GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Windsor 3.2GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor - Retail

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

LITE-ON Black 16X DVD-ROM 52X CD-R 32X CD-RW 52X CD-ROM SATA Combo
Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 16X DVD-ROM 52X CD-R 32X CD-RW 52X CD-ROM SATA Combo - OEM

now as u can see im missing a power supply hard drive and an aftermarket heatsink...by looking at what i have can anyone help either change some products to accomodate my budget (around 700) without decreasin performance or possibly get something better for the price...and also wats a good power supply/HD/and aftermarket heatsink that can fit my CPU...all opinions willbe greatly appreciated

switch the RAM to Crucial Ballistix, at that price range an e6750 with an Abit IP35 is better than an AMD for PSU I'd recommend the Corsair 520hx and for Arctic Freezer Pro7 for your cooler

not as good as a corsair 520hx but its a good choice nonetheless

agreed.

The Arctic cooling freezer 64 Pro is an excellent choice in Heat Sink for an AMD.

If your that paranoid about heat get some Thermal Paste to put on the HS to help. Check out some posts on how to apply the Thermal paste for best results.

agreed.

The Arctic cooling freezer 64 Pro is an excellent choice in Heat Sink for an AMD.

If your that paranoid about heat get some Thermal Paste to put on the HS to help. Check out some posts on how to apply the Thermal paste for best results.

actually the new Arctic Freezer's have MX-2 Thermal Pads and older ones have MX-1 Thermal Pads, making the need of Thermal Paste with that cooler obsolete...

I would take this over the 6400+ because it is much cooler and can be pushed to 6400+ speeds extremely easily.

Why? The 6400+ is already at 6400+ speeds except it has 1mb cache. Also wouldn't the 5000+ be hotter if it was overclocked that much? I don't really see the reasoning here.

Why? The 6400+ is already at 6400+ speeds except it has 1mb cache. Also wouldn't the 5000+ be hotter if it was overclocked that much? I don't really see the reasoning here.

wow... ok... 5000+ uses the Brisbane core which is 65nm and consumes less power than the Windsor core...

But using less power does not = better, just cooler at stock speeds. Is it really so astonishing that I don't see the logic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom