Windows Backup...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anand1

Baseband Member
One more Question. How to make a backup of my Primary Drive so that all the programs and the windows could be restored in the next insallation whenever the HDD fails or OS gets corupted. This is so because if i install the fresh window then i have to install all the driver and necessary softwares and again go for updating the windows which is time taking..

As in a drive image on a separate partition/hard drive, or on disks, or slipstreamed together on a single installation disk?

The hard disk solutions could be done using RAID1, Ghost, Partition Magic, Acronis, as well as others.

Slipstreaming all the drivers and such onto an installation disk is not something I have ever done, so I'll leave that to others.

Slipstreaming to create a updated Windows Disc is not that hard. Use nlite. You can add current drivers along with all the hotfixes to date. It usually takes about hlaf an hour to create the ISO image and get your disc.

Only if you have everything you need. Check out the nlite site for all the details on how to get what you need. Plus i think Eric has already created a topic about this as well...

Making an image is what you need to do. Use Acronis, which is what I use. You can schedule image backups also

Thanks actually today i make an image of my drive. Thanks for the nice support members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom