Win XP Pro SP2 + Toshiba A215 S7422.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can I find out the exact display adapter I have? I mean my laptop has an ATI X1200 128mb. So whyyyyyy wouldn't that driver work? No where else can I find anything regarding the display adapter within windows, but I do know it has an X1200 in it. This is just oddly confusing...

Contact ATi support. Only they can answer you on this question.

you need the chipset for one. in some instances, ati laptop driver won't work with ati web driver. I've have fix a couple of laptop that told me to get the driver from laptop maker

again

or got to driverpack.net,

That web site has the most ridiculous navigational system ever. I keep going in circles, yet all I'm doing is trying to find the ****ing ATI driver. Somehow it's throwing spam at me now asking me to buy graphics cards.

That web site has the most ridiculous navigational system ever. I keep going in circles, yet all I'm doing is trying to find the ****ing ATI driver. Somehow it's throwing spam at me now asking me to buy graphics cards.

huh?

http://www.driverpacks.net/DriverPacks/

you need 7zip to unzip them. then burn it to cd or dvd. click on the driver you want to install. again you need to install the chipet drivers first for new ati video cards or you are going to keep complaining. hit update driver and let it browse through the cd

huh?

http://www.driverpacks.net/DriverPacks/

you need 7zip to unzip them. then burn it to cd or dvd. click on the driver you want to install. again you need to install the chipet drivers first for new ati video cards or you are going to keep complaining. hit update driver and let it browse through the cd

I installed the chipset. Should I be looking for a setup file? Cause I don't see one... I just go to device manager, update driver, select the folder and hit okay. Each time it says cannot install hardware.

I installed the chipset. Should I be looking for a setup file? Cause I don't see one... I just go to device manager, update driver, select the folder and hit okay. Each time it says cannot install hardware.

pick the automatically search cd option, not the folder option

pick the automatically search cd option, not the folder option

I installed everything else in a different manner. I downloaded every individual driver that was zipped from that driverpacks web site. I then went to install from specific place or location, then did don't search, I will choose the driver to install, then I followed through with the rest of it.

I currently have everything that I need installed, except ethernet. Even though this laptop is a wireless one, I want ethernet available because my school's wireless is shut off cause some wieners were playing WoW all day instead of doing work. So now we have to plug in via ethernet which is more strictly monitored. Anyway, it says cannot install hardware. Whether I install the driver automatically, by folder, or I select the exact driver, it gives me the same output... and this is the LAN driver from the driverpacks site.

There is one thing I'm confused over. After unpacking the LAN zipped driver, I probably have 50 folders to choose from. They go like this... 3, AC1, AC2, AC3, AC4, AD2, AG, AL, AM, AM3, AS, AS1, AU, B1, BU1, CO, Co1, etc. I have NO clue what to select, which is probably why I'm getting the cannot install hardware output.

Just to reiterate - I did try to install automatically. No luck.

they rename everything to make the driver search quicker and more organized

install everest or sissoft sandra it will name the Ethernet device. give us the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom