High-end Gaming PC Build: Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is incorrect now. Crossfire scales better than SLI, and ultimately 2 HD3870s are faster than SLI'd GTS

EDIT: This may have already been established. I think it's good though, little competition always helps us.

in 3dmark yes...but in actual gaming. i dont see the ATI cards performing nearly as well as the Nvidia cards do.

An X38 board is right up your ally bud. I'd go with Gigabyte for that but intel is pretty good from what i hear when it comes to the X38 boards

i'd rather have an Asus...i've never heard of a person having a problem with their board.

im the same, ive never met anyone personaly with a problem board from them, btu i have herd of things on the internet lol but what board doesnt get bad rep online, anyway the maximus formula is the way to go if your going crossfire.i just cant stop recomending this board its so good, its simply amazing.

lol the only one you've tried ;)
Abit Quad GT is another good one and usually runs around $30-$50 cheaper than maximus

ive used many mother boards before, ive owned 3 previously, and this one is the best ive had so far, not to mention i last year i was workign at a local computer shop, and i built many systems, and had to use many mother boards, the maximus formula has been the best ive used and worked with, if your wonderign why i stoped working for the computer shop, its because i found the job got boring, and computers are a much better hobby then they are job.

After countless searching, and deciding, I've come to a conclusion for the pc. Here it is:

Mobo:
DFI Blood Iron Intel P35 Motherboard

GPU:
EVGA 8800GT 256-bit

CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo Conroe 3.0Ghz

Memory:
GSkill 4GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800

HDx3:
Western Digital Caviar 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache

PSU:
hec Zephyr 650 ATX12V 650W Power Supply

Case:
LIAN LI PC-61 w/4 Fans

CPU Cooler:
Thermaltake CL-P0372 92mm Enter CPU Cooler

Monitor:
Samsung 20" LCD 2ms

Overall, I wanted a machine that would be highly reliable, and moderately fast. So far, it looks good to me. The cost will be right around where I wanted it to be, so that's a plus too (Est. $2,000) Let me know your thoughts. Thanks for the help.

Motherboard: ip35 pro
GPU: 8800GT 512
CPU: Q6600
RAM: 2 GB Ballistix tracers
HDD: 500 GB seagate HDD
PSU: Corsair 520hx
Case: Optional
CPU HSF: thermalright ultra-120 extreme + fan + MX-2 thermal compound
Monitor: 226BW

Everything but the true and q6600 on newegg, total cost about $1400; better than that $2,000 build you've got there but cheaper.

After countless searching, and deciding, I've come to a conclusion for the pc. Here it is:

Mobo:
DFI Blood Iron Intel P35 Motherboard

GPU:
EVGA 8800GT 256-bit

CPU:
Intel Core 2 Quad q6600

Memory:
OCZ Reaper 4gb Kit

HDx3:
Western Digital Caviar 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache

PSU:
Corsair 520hx

Case:
LIAN LI PC-61 w/4 Fans

CPU Cooler:
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme w/ Fan

Monitor:
Samsung 20" LCD 2ms

Overall, I wanted a machine that would be highly reliable, and moderately fast. So far, it looks good to me. The cost will be right around where I wanted it to be, so that's a plus too (Est. $2,000) Let me know your thoughts. Thanks for the help.

here are my thoughts (I bolded things I changed)

I still think SLi is for people who either have the money or just want to have the best out there, seriously I'm not saying that you should not buy it but IMO is something I have never been interested to begin with is not worth it.

Anyway Vernong made some changes that I agree with, but I want to add that you could either get a 150 Western Digital Raptor or a 22" inch monitor from Samsung those two would be the other changes I would make..., in the end is your decision not mine ;) here are the links of the things I just mentioned:

SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22" 2 ms $319.99

[URL="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136012"WD Raptor] 150GB 10,000 RPM 16MB[/URL] $169.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom