PNY a good brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they are good.

The are slightly 'worse' than brands such as evga, xfx, bfg, sapphire and such, but are better than ones such as jetway and point of view.

I would buy one.

Is there any reason a PNY 8800GT would have less performance than any other stock 8800GT card? Do you know if its overclocking abilities would be for any reason worse?

Just trying to make sure I make the best buy [Found a good deal on this card]

nah the performance will be the same. the coolers are the same so it should overclock well anyway. The only difference between the vendors is the warranties and such.

The only time that i have seen a card from a vendor that was worse than the others was a Jetway X1950PRO that was shoehorned onto an X1950GT PCB (PCB was too small) and it had an external molex power connector rather than a 6 pin pci-e one (wierd i know)

It seems that PNY offer a lifetime warranty, which is very good and inspires confidence in the quality of the card. I dont know about if it gets voided by overclocking, though.

see if you cant find a gigabyte 8800GT for cheap like I did. I got one for $250 that came with the Neverwinter nights II expansion. It overclocks to 720 on the core and 1060 on the memory.

as long as the company offers life time warranty il be satisfied, ive had enuf crads burn in 3 years to kno that a life time warranty is worth 20$ more, and yes pny now offers life time warranty so its all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom