What do YOU use your laptop for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell E1705. I use it for some gaming, F@H, email occasionally. Main reason was to take it camping to watch DVD's when the weather is bad and for road trips. Easy to recharge on 12v and uses very little power.

Well when I had a working laptop I used to use it for school work, games(like unreal tournament, fifa etc.), and photo and video editing, programming and so on. I prefer a laptop over e PC because of its potability and because I'm always on the go.

just because im still up and just because im bored...

i generally use mine for a door stop or as a coaster...
**** what else am i going to do with a old campaq...

compaq presario 12XL300B 600mhz... 50MB RAM... mobo will not recognize hdd for reformat so im stuck with what i got... even linux runs slow... oh well :)

I have an IBM Thinkpad A21p (old laptop), so it isn't much of a gaming machine, though occasionally I'll play some Q3-based games on it. I mainly use it for web browsing and instant messaging. I also use it for music and video and sometimes DVD playback on road trips (15" screen on $175 used laptop > 7" screen on $220 portable DVD player :) ). I use Ubuntu on it, but sometimes use Windows XP as well.

For a better gaming experience, I use my HP (Radeon X1600Pro) PC, but I don't play many PC games (I mainly play games on the Wii).

i throw all my instant messengers on my laptop and game on my gaming pc so i don't get distracted in game. haha. i = tool.

i throw all my instant messengers on my laptop and game on my gaming pc so i don't get distracted in game. haha. i = tool.

I do that too when gaming. I have my laptop at the desk where my desktop is, so I can browse the Web and chat while gaming...good for when people in game ask about something on the Web, or telling one of my friends to join the game.

yeah cause you aren't fiddling around with stuff and getting afk killed and then it takes forever to bring the game back up if you're using aim (css takes like a couple hours to load back up)

I have a 2nd hand Toshiba Satellite Pro A100. I used mine for
* Media Centre
* When i am being a computer tech on site. I like having a computer and internet connection (56k) which i know that it's working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom