Tiger Direct Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys ive always bought from newegg, but i want to buy a barebone kit and saw one i really liked on tiger and i was just wondering do they pre install eveything, hardware wise? I am a experienced builder by the way just wanted to know if there barebones are already assembled in the box. Im getting lazy u see.

Asus M2N-E SLI Socket AM2 Barebone Kit - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ 2.80GHz OEM, 2GB DDR2 PC6400, ATX Mid-Tower Case, 600 Watt Power Supply at TigerDirect.com

Thanks guys.

honestly I think thats a good deal, add a good Fan, Video card and Peripherals and what not.. and you have got a killer build...

As long as you never actually go to one of their outlets, yea they are fine. Their stores are just awful however. Why do I have to wait in a line for a half hour to get ram I can clearly see on the wall behind the counter? /rant

As long as you never actually go to one of their outlets, yea they are fine. Their stores are just awful however. Why do I have to wait in a line for a half hour to get ram I can clearly see on the wall behind the counter? /rant

yeah i've been to the one in Durham...its crap

i was in there looking at the new X38 boards...and i had a guy come up to me trying to sell me one of his computers he builds from his business....i played along with it for a while...then i eventually ended up telling him what all i have....he was like "oh" and just walked away.

Haha. I asked an employee where they keep the thermal paste and if they had any arctic silver. You can guess the response... complete confusion.

tigerdirect has a lot of really good deals when its a holiday of some sort, but I will never buy online from anywhere other then newegg. maybe clubit if i were getting a q6600 cause they guarentee g0. but thats it.

my stories of newegg's fantabulous customer service (shortened versions):

bought a x1600 Pro, died after half a year, oc'd it too much xD, rma'd it through newegg, they were out of stock of the cards, so they gave me the original msrp from when i bought it, not what it was at the moment. (about a 50 dollar difference)

my ECS board, the cmos bracket broke so the battery wouldn't stay in so i returned it, and since it was faulty anyway they took away the restocking fee and gave me all my monies back :D

also they have normal people talking to you so you don't have to deal with crazy indian people. nothing against indian people (<3 verny + krazyq) its just when i have to talk to them about something computer related i want to reach through the phone and pop thier heads...

The hinges on my brother's refurbished laptop from Tigerdirect started cracking after about a year...and Tigerdirect gave him a gift certificate for what he paid for the laptop...which meant he got a much better laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom