Q6600 G0 on Striker Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal3169

Beta member
Okay I have been having an absolutely horrid time overclocking this processor on the striker, I was wondering if there was anyone out there that had the same combination of parts that would be able to help me in this area.

Couple things I need.. that for some reason, I just cant seem to find on the internet at all.

Bios version:(I have 1301.. allot of people seem to be using 1303.. but I cant find it.. and its not listed on Asus's website.. so a download link would be helpful)

Voltages: A complete list of your voltages from top to bottom

All Bus Speeds: FBS etc etc

any and all advice would be helpful in this matter too. As of right now I dont have it overclocked at all. I CAN overclock it to 2,808 from 2,400 without voltage increase and my ram will go up to 939 (or somewhere abouts) without voltage increase.

but thats about as far as I can get it. Which is a rather sad overclock, especially for liquid cooling.

Q6600 G0 Revision
Exos-2 (700 Watt version) Liquid Cooling with CPU block only
Striker Extreme (1301 bios)
2048MB of DDR2 PC6400 C5 Corsair
600 Watt Modular Power Supply
BFG Geforce 8800 GTS 640mb
Creative Labs Fata1ity X-Fi Platinum

So thats the basics, any help would be great. Just about everything i've tried to this point has met with failure to post and crashes, admittedly I am not good with voltages.

I use to have the 1305 but had problems with it as well, not to mention allot of people were reporting problems with it too... especially with quad core overclocking.

Your RAM is probably the reason why you cant get past 2.8ghz. First, loosen the timings to 5-5-5-15 if it's not that already. I think you're just pushing your RAM too hard for now. Cut down your ram multiplier/divider or whatever your mobo says it is, to make your RAM run slower. Because going from 800mhz to 939mhz is pretty steep. I've had problems like this too. You can always add some voltage to your RAM to ensure that it's stable. Most motherboards send 1.8v to the RAM. I run 2.2v through mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom