*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

5238| nickm926 |[*COLOR=DarkGreen] 3800+ X2 @ 2.2GHz[*COLOR=DarkGreen] |[*COLOR=SeaGreen] 8600GT 256mb @ 620/840 [*COLOR=SeaGreen]| XP 32bit

my final score :)

I had issues when overclocking my q6600. I had the voltage all the way up to 1.65 which is higher than I feel comfortable doing. Most people say not to go over 1.5V for any q6600 running 24/7 because you will rapidly shorten the lifespan of it.

I had issues when overclocking my q6600. I had the voltage all the way up to 1.65 which is higher than I feel comfortable doing. Most people say not to go over 1.5V for any q6600 running 24/7 because you will rapidly shorten the lifespan of it.

Yeah, I have problems getting my Q6600 stable without high voltages too.. every chip is different and your motherboard will play its part. It's really not that easy to hit 3.6-3.8GHz with a low voltage. I've got a B3 stepping and I can hit 3.8GHz, but it needs so much juice that heat becomes an issue. That's obviously because it is an inferior B3 stepping, but also because I probably got one of the worse of the B3 batch, as others have had better results with B3s. Just because you got a G0 doesn't guarantee you the same results as everyone else.

What frequency were you running with 1.65V though?

lol i gave in and begun to overclock, how high do you think i can get it? its at 2.2Ghz at 1.408v

im running 3dmark06 again in a sec and ive overclocked my gpu a bit more :)

you can prolly get it up there. what core is it? cause my brisbane can hit around 3 on 1.43v, and i don't think yours is a brisbane but you could probably get it up to like 2.6ish with good cooling.

whats the stock speed?

What frequency were you running with 1.65V though?

I got it up to 3.8 but it wasn't stable at all. It could barley load windows and would crash after only a few minutes. I think I also got one of the worst G0s as it has a hard time overclocking well. Thats why I'm not too worried about killing this one so that I can upgrade later.

I got it up to 3.8 but it wasn't stable at all. It could barley load windows and would crash after only a few minutes. I think I also got one of the worst G0s as it has a hard time overclocking well. Thats why I'm not too worried about killing this one so that I can upgrade later.

i'm not sure if the Striker has the same BIOS as the regular 680i..but what voltages does your BIOS list out for you?

i could probably help some if they are the same as mine.

you can prolly get it up there. what core is it? cause my brisbane can hit around 3 on 1.43v, and i don't think yours is a brisbane but you could probably get it up to like 2.6ish with good cooling.

whats the stock speed?

its a toledo core, it booted fine at 2.3Ghz (stock 2Ghz) then I got a BSOD :(

Back
Top Bottom