High-end Gaming PC Build: Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corrupt/data/

Beta member
I recently just joined the forum. I've been looking around online for various parts, but I am undecided. Can anyone give advice for a high-end gaming pc build? I've got plenty of resource to spend on it ($2,000 - $3,000). I am just unsure of how to go about on the set parts. If anyone could give any advice on a good build, I'd appreciate it. Thanks! :D

q6600 (you could buy a QX6850 or QX9650)
2x hd3870
abit ix38
Crucial Ballistix 2gb kit x2
Add a Case of Prefeance
Water Cooling Kit (preferably Danger Den)
Corsair 520hx
Add Peripherals and a DVD ROM Drive/ and a HD size of preferance

I hope Higach was joking.

Also, go with 2 HD3870's if you plan on using two graphics cards, not the GTS's.

I hope Higach was joking.

Also, go with 2 HD3870's if you plan on using two graphics cards, not the GTS's.

any reason behind this? a GTS's would mop the floor on any ATI cards out ATM....sure they do better in 3dmark..but the drivers still suck..and gameplay is still inferior to Nvidia cards.

any reason behind this? a GTS's would mop the floor on any ATI cards out ATM....sure they do better in 3dmark..but the drivers still suck..and gameplay is still inferior to Nvidia cards.

I guess I can't speak for actual gameplay... but in price and benchmarks the two HD3870's are superior. That is my only arguement really, although generally the drivers are lacking.

The drivers are improving quickly, and Crossfire works better than SLI. But, in actuality, neither are practical. They work, but the bump you get in performance isn't worth it IMO.

If you plan on gaming at really HIGH resolutions, then CROSSFIRE or SLI...if not...then one good card is plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom