Making an image from 1 drive to another...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroShade

In Runtime
If I were to make an image of my entire harddrive and get a new drive... how would I go about loading that image on my new drive?

Depends on the program used. Ghost and Acronis have Boot Discs that you can use to put the image back on your drive.

I don't care for Ghost... had issues with it in the past. If I were to use Acronis... basically if theres nothing on this new drive it will install the image made of my previous drive without errors?

If there is current issues with the drive now. It will take those errors with it. Acronis takes a image of the drive, wmpty space and all. So you have to get a bigger drive than the one you are taking the image from. But if you have any kind of issues right now solve them before you clone the drive or they will be taken over to the new drive.

I've used partition magic before... but not for this purpose. Will partition magic do what I want it to do?

partition magic can sometime fail. it will give an authentication error while try to boot the new drive sometimes.

use drive image or get a hiren's boot cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom