pc keeps restarting!!! help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
try seeing if you can get into safe mode. If you cannot try using your pro cd boot into repair console and run chkdsk -r let this run for a while you might have a bad file and yes the pro cd will work I have done this may times.

The Pro CD will run chkdsk but it will not repair a Home install. It is possible that it is a overheat issue but this sounds like a OEM build rather than a home built. ORM machines, unless they have some fan failure, usually dont overheat easily. At least not in my experience with workign fans and that. If there is a fan failure then yes.

But i think this is due to bad downloads.

The Pro CD can not repair a Home install. It can do some simple tasks like chkdsk and fixboot and stuff like that. But as for a actual repair install it can not. This is due to the fact that a repair install removes the Windows files and put them back with the repair function. If you were able to do this with a Pro CD it was on a Pro isntall not a Home install. Pro and Home are different and not interchangeable that way.

thanx guys well i geuss im **** out of luck untill i can get ahold of a home edtion disk i been asking around every one running pro so ima keep asking around or just leave it untill i can get one. but the thing is when i put the pro disk in it go to blue window setup screen for maybe like 5 seconds then just restarts ill cheak out the fans but i thought they were working proper when i had it apart b4. i got this peaice of **** zeus computer from some friend of my father in law and no diskes came with it or any thing im not sure if it oem he might of build it him self then traded it off to us i dont no the hole story with this thing i just want to get it running so this kid can stop usen my pc haha

i dont need to save anything i just want it to work i dont care bout whats on it. it aint mine haha. well ifound somebody that got xp home disk they live bout hour away so i will prolly pick it up this weekend and give that a try. i can cheak back when i have disk in hand and ready to fix this thing thanx guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom