Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
windows messenger is too darn buggy. it's what
I was using to see other people computer from mine. I need it
so I can save useless trips to their home

yup tried that....crossloop seems to be the easiest bar none

also there's this(which you may already be aware), but I haven't tried it. It's all built into win I guess so no extra dl'ing.
Windows XP: Get Started Using Remote Desktop

Yea but that sometimes involves editing the routing settings like port forwarding, etc which the other user may not know how to do :)

The only issue I've had with Crossloop is when you are trying to connect to another pc after the first initial try, it wont always connect, even if you close winvnc.exe in the task manager so the other person has to reboot, then it works fine.

Does crossloop force you to log in to a website to connect to the pc? I really wish i could get my hands on 2 copies of vnc for my gaming and media pc.

i think crossloop works it through their server, like the app tunnels into something of theirs, but doesn't force you to log in...just does it, lol. Not sure if that helps you

Hmm, when i was looking for VNC i couldnt find any free versions. Basically i just want to be able to use my media pc from my gaming pc. So i dont have to sit 2 feet from it to download programs and updates, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom