Budget/gaming build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaanish

Fully Optimized
How does this look for a sub £400 budget gaming build for a friend?

GFX: HIS X1950PRO :£40

HSF:OCZ Vanquisher : £11

CPU:Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 : £54

RAM: 2GB Corsair XMS2 800MHz : £43

HD: Hitachi Deskstar T7K500 320GB : £48

OPTICAL: Samsung SH-S203 SATA Dual Layer DVD Writer : £17

CASE: Asus TA861 : £15

PSU: 500W Seasonic S12II : £52

MOBO: Abit IP35E : £64

Sorry about the lack of links but it dosent let me have them.

you can get ballistix on ebay from the states for about 38 quid shipped :)

Also why not get Vista....buying XP in 2008 is a bit of a backwards move.

you can get ballistix on ebay from the states for about 38 quid shipped :)

Also why not get Vista....buying XP in 2008 is a bit of a backwards move.

Hes cheap and i dont wanna overclock incase i invalidate the warranty and that would casue some undesirable situations. Im not overclocking so he wont know the difference between XMS2 and Ballistix (he knows nowt about PCs)

also he apparently cant tell the difference between lowest and highest settings, dosent know what AA and AF even are so it should last him a long time nonetheless.

I'm not sure if you meant you aren't overclocking at all or just ram. If it is at all, then please consider AMD and lose the HSF. I believe that AMD is still the best price to performance for low end stock.

How does this look for a sub £400 budget gaming build for a friend?

GFX: HIS X1950PRO :£40

HSF:OCZ Vanquisher : £11

CPU:Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 : £54

RAM: 2GB Corsair XMS2 800MHz : £43

HD: Hitachi Deskstar T7K500 320GB : £48

OPTICAL: Samsung SH-S203 SATA Dual Layer DVD Writer : £17

CASE: Asus TA861 : £15

PSU: 500W Seasonic S12II : £52

MOBO: Abit IP35E : £64

Sorry about the lack of links but it dosent let me have them.

great build, not sure about the HSF, but question what happened to your e6300/MSI p35 Plat build?

great build, not sure about the HSF, but question what happened to your e6300/MSI p35 Plat build?

The HSF looks orite it is very similair to the AF7 in terms of design and it is designed to that the heatpipes actually touch the CPU themselves rather than a seperare contact patch. I think it is in the ballpark of an AF7 in terms of performance. It was very cheap and the e2180 is a very cool running chip so i thought i may aswell try it out.

My e6300 / P35 Plat build is just sitting there because the Plat crapped out on me majorly (wouldnt even POST) but my RMA was successful and im getting a replacement on Thursday :) and im also getting a GT 256 so it will be a beast.

I did the same build for £350 minus the OS and i used an Akasa Zen case but where can you get an X1950Pro for £40??

I payed £55 for my X1950GT and i thought that was a good deal. It overclocked to Pro speeds and beyond easily at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom