Need Suggestions For Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crossfire boards ARE intel chipsets. (at least p35 boards) SLI boards are the only ones that arent intel chipsets, and do actually overclock quite well. The problem is that the nvidia chipsets burn up.

Yeah Stes build looks good and for a 22" then i would go GTS512. Also consider the TRUE rather than a Tuniq and also i would get a 7200.11 Hard Drive with 32MB of cache. Consider the Antec 900 for a fine case.

i was a huge fan of the first halo, hated halo2, liked halo3 but the multi got boring fast, too competitive. nothing like getting killed by a 14 year old who spends 8 hours a day on a video game.

Ved11, the decision is all yours, the 8800GT SLI setup will get you better fps, the only thing i really have against dual card configurations is the extra heat generated. Theres not really a wrong decision here.

yes i agree there will be alot extra heat with sli but the aspire seems to be well ventilated. i am considering cancelling my order however for the 2 gt's. i think i will go with 1 gts 512 for now and scale later if needed. i did consider the 3870 but most of the benchmarks I looked at have it performing at or slightly above the 2900xt and i need a stronger gpu than that for crysis and other demanding titles soon to be released. However I will be watching the 3870 x2 with great interest in the future

I have an aspire case and I love it. The wire management could be better, but airflow is great and the case fans are among the best available. If you like the look of it, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase that case.

Having run both SLI GT setups and now running a GTS 512 setup, the GTS 512 handles everything i have perfectly at 1920x1200. Crysis is the only sore spot, and atm it doesnt even work correctly with SLI, so that kind of nullifies the entire reason to do SLI.

i was a huge fan of the first halo, hated halo2, liked halo3 but the multi got boring fast, too competitive. nothing like getting killed by a 14 year old who spends 8 hours a day on a video game.

Ved11, the decision is all yours, the 8800GT SLI setup will get you better fps, the only thing i really have against dual card configurations is the extra heat generated. Theres not really a wrong decision here.

what was wrong with Halo 2? I personally loved the multiplayer, campaign was kinda meh for me, too much cliff hanging, and the change from Arbiter to Chief every other level kinda annoyed the crap out of me

you know the Aspire/Apevia X-Crusier case actually has a removable mobo tray, but for $100 I think the Coolermaster 690 is a better deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom