*How much* Stress Testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glazer, I run two threads of Prime 95. I always run the mixed test the involves lots of memory.

Lancec, even at 3.6ghz, My RAM is only running at 800mhz effective. I had to turn the RAM multiplier way down to only 2.0, so 400fsb*2=800mhz for my RAM. The next lowest multiplier option is 2.5, which would make my RAM run at 1000mhz. That would be great, but even when I send 2.4v through the memory, it will not post. And I have to reset the CMOS everytime. I might be putting new RAM on my to-do list after I get a new vid card. I paid $300 for this memory back in November 2006, and ddr2 1066 is pretty cheap anyway today.

I'm looking to run memtest tonight no doubt. If I have 2GB of RAM, how many instances of memtest should I run? I have yet to even attempt another prime95 run, but my system is doing very well with 3dmark06, WoW, HL2 ect.

Just my preference for being safe......... but I ran Orthos 2x (1x small FFTs, 1x Blend), and Prime 95 2x (1x Small FFT's, 1x Blend)......... so total of 4 tests for over 9 hours to ensure stability. Just my opinion, but I think your moving a bit too fast on your OC'ing, run more tests to ensure stability.

I definatly jumped on OCing aggresively right when I got the CM Stacker and Tuniq 120. But it's not like I went from 2.4 to 3.6. I'd been sitting at 3.0-3.2 for 6 months with my old cooling setup. I expected to run into minor issues. But I'm very confident that I have the cooling that's necessary to maintain 3.6ghz. I'll stress again tonight, but I want to kick back and game a little right now.

Oppz, I thought you just jumped from 2.4 to 3.6ghz right away, I didn't know you were sitting on 3.0ghz for awhile. I have Crysis and COD4 Modern Warfare installed in my comp, and I can't wait to play them regularly (Just waiting til I finish OCing my computer). All those testings take FOREVER! hahaha

Yeah the testing does take a while. But luckily that rigs like these are forgiving enough that you can game on them easily even if you're not sure if it's 8 hour stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom