Wanting to build a new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
so some people say GT some say GTX.

I mean right now im on a GeForce FX5200 so anything is going to be better. I mean I have played on crappy cards for all my computers will I be happy with the GT 8800 or should I save my money and throw it into the GTX? I just dont want in another 2 years to be like well the 8800 was good for about 5 games and now I have to find another card to play Duke Nukem Forever (haha I know ;))

If what your saying is you want to never have to buy a new video card again or any other system component then how much money do you have and dont expect to be able to play crysis 3 on medium graphics...

I would recommend going for an evga 8800 gt and then via the step-up program, stay up to date with the latest video cards if you would like...

But you should be fine with 1 8800 gt and the other parts listed... What games do you want to be able to play?

Really I just want to be able to play games on Medium settings for at least a year im not looking to run everything on Max settings since I never have before...

I mean I used a FX5200 to play Doom 3, TF2, HL2 and EP1 and EP2, WoW.

not to mention the 5200 isnt even supported on those games.

So what im saying is should I just suck it up spend the 500 bucks on the GTX and say screw it since it should last to play games for a few years even on lower settings. I dont play all the new games but I do like playing the odd game here and there.

um.. i played tf2 on max settings with an 8500 gt lawl barley though...

im suprised you could play tf2 on a fx5200... ultra low settings i bet

But if you want to be able to play games on medium settings for at least a year.... 8800 GT will get you there man... Can you list the other specs you plan on buying first of all? I saw quite a few lists at the start of this thread but idk what you plan on buying...

actually I run TF2 on Medium specs. It runs fine.

and im grabbing the build I think im going to go with

actually I run TF2 on Medium specs. It runs fine.

and im grabbing the build I think im going to go with

I dont belive you... people find Team Fortress 2 a challenging game for there comps... have you checked your fps while playing on a 5200?

But thats besides the point....

Your grabbing what build though? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom