Trouble setting up my new comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
well it was working for a while and yeah all the fans are going ok. I don't think it's a connection because it didi work for a while (it got to 65% partitioned before I had to leave which was probably around an hour (500gb hard drive + initial setup) and when I came back it was black screened and after a couple times restarting it it seemed to work and after it finished some more of the setup (still not done installing windows xp pro) it black screened again and wouldn't show anything on the monitor since.

I couldn't find anything on the website or in my manual about beeps. I tried clearing the CMOS and that had no effect.

I checked the beep codes and from my understanding (1 beep) it was my memory but I took it in to the shop I bought it from and they tested it and said it was good. could it be the video card perhaps? Everything sounds like it's working ok. motherboard responds (beeps), harddrive has a slight vibration, fans (PSU, CPU, graphics card) are on, LEDs are on.

run memtest86 on the ram just to be sure. also did you make sure that you looked up the right beep? Cause there are short and long beeps.

also try each stick in each different slot if you haven't already.

It's all fixed. thanks for the help. I disconnected the hard drive and it booted enough to reset the settings (some reason when I cleared the CMOS I obviously didn't do it right although I thought I followed the directions). Works now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom