Laptop Screen dim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looby

In Runtime
hey guys my sisters laptop screen for some reason all of a sudden got really dim not a power save issue not a screen brightness adjustment issue all of it is set to make the screen as bright as possible... lap top is 2 months old. for some reason it is correct brightness affter reboot for about 4-5 minutes but them it goes back to dim.... any help my sister is freaking out since its a brand new machine

UGH...
does the laptop have a dimmer switch? mine does
what is your power settings like? My laptop has something that can set it to use low settings...but I change this to full on. Since I mainly keep it plugged in.

Could be the power savings features are on...it's controlled by software. With laptop drives often being slow...it might just take that long for the computer to load those settings.

your backlight might have gone bad for some reason. try and take it back if you can. its probably the easiest thing you can do.

Control Panel > Power Options > Adjust the Display Brightness

You should see two settings. One for while on AC, and one for while on Battery.

You should also be able to override using the FN key combo for brightness. On mine, it's FN+F8.

Since it's only 2 months old, you should be under warranty. Don't put off getting it fixed if they will do it for free.

k both of those things where covered in original post... have done both things and they are set correctly 100% brightness for both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom