Q6600 G0 running TOOOOO HOT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Yeah, I payed $80 for my mobo, and on top of that I've got a B3 stepping, so I shouldn't be surprised that I need 1.6V to hit 3.6GHz. I might be able to get 3.6GHz with 1.5-something, but I don't want to bother with those kinds of voltages, I only did so for some benchmarking.

my b3 did 3.6ghz on 1.475v

Technically, intel says anything over 1.5v is too much, so take that however you want. I have had mine as high as 4.05 with 1.55v and temps were ok, but i just dont think the chip can handle that much speed.

well i had mine at 3.8 with 1.55 and 3dmark wasnt stable.
I read somewhere and ppl are saying that if you lower the multi to 8X, your oc might be more stable...is that true?

And im not sure if i was suppose to raise my mch,and fsb volt higher to get it stable?
Im not worried about temps, i can get my room to like 40C easily...

I was able to complete a 3dmark run at 4050 but my performance actually went down at that speed, go figure.

my vid is 1.2875...or 1.2785, im at work so i cant really remember.
when i have my oc below 3.6 and ram multi at 2, my ram speed is below 800, is that ok?

Ya, its just underclocking your memory, which wont hurt anything other than your performance. I would set the memory manually if you are running below a 400fsb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom