Another 8 series? This is madness! No this is NVIDIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys keep forgetting that by making this horrible naming convention they are able to move out alot of the old stock to people who dont know any better.

lol XD i'll have to agree with that conspiracy theory. Especially with all the new cards that are all roughly the same performance coming out. (roughly)

maybe hoping the old ones will get lost in the shuffle XD

Its not a conspiracy theory. Just think about it. When your average computer noob looks at cards, on paper the old g80 cards have superior stats and cost more, which would seem to make them better, when in actuality they arent as good as the new cards.

VW has a good point. When I first started getting into performance I had no idea what GT, GS, GTX, X, XT meant. I figured the more letters and higher up in the alphabet, the better.

I prefer the model number method.

Well with the d9* stuff it looks like they are going to be a bit more straightforward next generation. Either they are just milking the market by putting out all of these 8800 cards or they have a HUGE surplus of pcb's they need to get rid of before the new cards come out.

VW has a good point. When I first started getting into performance I had no idea what GT, GS, GTX, X, XT meant. I figured the more letters and higher up in the alphabet, the better.

I prefer the model number method.

Agreed. It is quite confusing if your not up-to-date. Ati used to confuse the crap outta me. I had to use the Gpu reference thread here just to figure out which one was better than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom